Boards Reconciliation After 3 months NC – he just texted me. HELP. What do I say?

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nesq
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 4

I was dumped 3 months ago for the summer. I was dating a guy for 8 months, I became a little too needy, texted too much and so he put the breaks on. He said let’s slow down, break for the summer and see where we are at in the fall.

I responded to his “break” email like this:

“Dear Handsome,

Thanks for your thoughtful note. You are right. I had fun and have no hard feelings. I hope you get everything you want.

xx”

Then I went NC. It’s been 3 months and the summer is almost over.

He just texted me this:

“I wanted to let you know that I always liked you as a person and enjoyed your company and am here as a friend should you ever want me as one. I still think about your company fondly. If you ever need anything, let me know if I can help. Honestly, not trying to restart anything (although I do think about you :)). I respect that it wasn’t right for you and am 95% certain I could be in your presence without being utterly distracted. I hope you are well.”

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??

I do not speak man. WTF does this mean?

Bat
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 10

Hi, @nesq!

For me, it sounds he is just opening friendly communication with you, which is really good.
    He says he wants to be friends with you only and that’s the way you should see him, BUT he says he thinks about you and blabla, so it is dubious for me.

I think you should just go with flow and be cool 🙂 play his game. Be a friend, but flirt. If he flirts back, so dive even deeper lol

I think it’s a very good sign and I’m excited for you! Hehe please updates us

Good luck!!

nesq
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 4

@Bat

Thank you for your response. I took your advice and responded with a friendly and kind of flirty text.

I just said, “hi there. It feels nice to hear from you. I also think about your company fondly ;)”

It’s been 3 days and no response. I’m not too surprised as he’s a very thoughtful guy. So I will keep moving on and focusing on myself. Maybe he will keep up the communication.

Thanks again.
    Nesq

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.