Boards No Contact Rule Not sure how to handle 30 day rule

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mattdaddy
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2

I’m bound to have some contact with her. I help with her bills. She is unsure if she wants to work things out or as she says, wait until the time is right. She means God’s timing as she says. But I can’t leave her high and dry because her son is involved. Should I tell her we can only talk about bills only but I need to get away from all this for awhile? I agree with everything I’ve read. Also, it’s her son’s birthday late in November. Should I send him a birthday present?

Prod98
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 6

I’d put the foot down and just say you need some space just now to get your head right if she doesn’t want to sort things
    Just say I’ll contact you for the bills and I’d still send a present to her kid but maybe send it by mail or get someone to drop it off

Mattdaddy
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2

Yes, definetly sending it by mail. The NC is excruciating. I had to have contact today to drop off check (put it in her jeep with cracked window). And then that’s it. No communication. It’s so hard not to text her. I’m not. I’m gonna trust this process. And before her son’s birthday, I’ll send a letter and ask to meet them for a quick dinner before thanksgiving.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.