Boards Not Your Ex Oldies

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 1,515 total)
  • Author
    Rihanna
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 209

Hey Steve, thanks again for that breath of hope. You especially made me laugh about the bring home boys comment hehehe… If anything that’s quite the opposite thing I’ll do and I’ll be stuck in shared accommodation for a while but at least I’ll have my own private room

Yes, I’m good with the ex. But that’s because I believe life is too short to hold grudges. I’m glad my ex has become a good friend and I’m more glad that I don’t need him to help me and that he can see that though he reassures me everyday that he’ll always be there for me no matter what and that I was the only woman he truly loved.

A holiday sounds like a fantastic idea! And how I wish I could go on a holiday somewhere warm and forget my life for a while. I’ve always wanted to go to Cairns so I’m hoping once I settle a bit in Sydney I could go for few days. You could also go to Bali, Fiji, Maldives good for couple of weeks stay … Keep searching for a perfect journey and destination, good luck and Bon voyage!

Robot 3
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 469

Hi guys,

I have been reading your updates! Sorry for not putting any input! In fact, I have started believing that life is so cheap and worthless! Last weekend, I had a girl at my apartment. We just slept 3 hours the whole night! She was too loud. The next day another girl called me and I spent rest of the day with her. I felt extremely empty! I felt like if my ex had this experience just after our breakup she must have moved on long long ago.

Steve, your comment that you were looking at your ex’s picture and you had no feelings reminded me of myself since long ago but to be honest, it was she who lived in my mind–it was my imagination/fantasies of her made me seek her. She was in my head–not in reality. From this site I learnt that those who exposed themselves to more social life could move on must easier. “I am not a bar guy” is not the best excuse. I recommend small doses of bars/dance clubs over a week long vacation.

Rihanna–my sis, thank you for caring for me! You are right! I need to be more careful when I get drunk in public. Maybe it was 2 months ago that I met the girl that I used to see in gym. She was with 5 “b” men and I approached her and told her that she does not seem to have anyone. That was really dangerous. The guys were shocked but I bet she really liked my bravery. She started hugging one of those guys but he was shocked too. It ended safely and we had eyes meaningful contacts later every time we met in the gym but that is not my point. My point is that I get too bold. I have been doing similar things a lot. I feel like even hell can’t bar my way. Just like Steve said, I always wished my ex did not cut if off completely with me but I guess my ex was smart enough to already know that how persistent I am. She once told me that I am one of those very few people who never give up and she said that is a rare and good quality.

Rihanna & Steve, thanks for keep the flames of this thread still glowing!

Steve
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 142

Hey Robot,

That’s awesome you got a girl to stay the night at your apartment. I am so happy for you. Only 3 hours sleep, she must of been something in the bedroom bud.

Yeah whenever I go on holiday I always head out to the bars. That’s part of being on holiday. I still think about my last holiday where I meet a girl at a bar and she was getting flirty with me, but I ran away….haha

Still got a sprained knee, but at least I can drive now. You wont see me on the dance floor however. No idea what I will be doing this weekend however.

Robot 3
    Participant

Thank you very much Steve! If you take life hard, it will become hard on you. Maybe I was taking it hard for a long time.

I hope you will get your health back! Also meet someone new! I have realized that it is very idealistic to meet only 1 person and fall into relationship. That is why it is so in movies! lol

Steve
    Participant

Yeah I hear you Robot. Got to meet new people. That’s where I am in a rut at the moment. Not really meeting new people. At the end of last year I met some new people who have become friends again, but I’ve allowed myself to become stagnant in this area. Always good to be pushing yourself to get out and meet new people.

Interesting thing to happen this weekend. I stayed at home for most of it due to my knee. However, on Saturday I went to visit a friend who is in hospital. She is one of the new friends that I mention above. This girl is nice looking, but I have never felt any attraction to her. Mainly because she is 11 years younger then me at 25 years old.

So I went and visited her and stayed with for a few hours playing cards and talking. She had been in hospital for 4 days at that stage. Turns out other then her brother, I was her only visitor and she was so happy that someone came to see her. To me it wasn’t a big deal as I can’t really do much with my knee anyway, so it was nice to have an excuse to get out of the house.

Well since Saturday she has been texting me heaps and last night she was all thankful again that I visited her as she has been very lonely in hospital and was telling me she going to reward me. I’m honestly not making a big deal of it at this stage. But she continues to text me saying that she will make me dinner and bring me a bottle of wine…then she sends me a text that says “After dinner we can go to the bedroom and I give your knee a massage and who knows where that could lead :P” I’m like “What!!! and said that she would have to be careful as most guys would take that meaning in a very sexual way. She replied back “I meant it in a sexual way :)”

So now I have this girl who I feel is way to young for me, hitting on me and I’m like do I take her offer up or not…haha. Its tempting, but I’m just not sure. Oh how my personal issues have changed from a year ago

Rihanna
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 209

So, I finished my course excelled with flying colors bought my one b way ticket to Sydney, arranged accommodation until October with a girl I have to find work there but my flight leaves in three weeks and I’m petrified!

How my problems have changed too Steve! In now concerned about my future and work and money than I am about a guy. My ex had been so helpful and wonderful I must admit. But I am my first priority atm, and work comes first.

Good luck Steve with that b girl she sounds awesome and healing for your knee lol… Wish me luck guys… I’m petrified!!!!

Steve
    Participant

Hey Rihanna

That’s great news you have your ticket booked for Sydney. What day do you fly out? Have you started counting the days yet?

Great news on finishing your course.

What a year for you ๐Ÿ™‚ I believe you are ready for a new adventure in the big exciting city. Don’t regret the time spent back at home and with your family. No matter how much they have annoyed you lately. I know it may of seem tough and lonely not connecting with anyone and seeing your sister go through her wedding. But it has been all for the best for your healing.

Haha…yeah knee is getting better. My friend is still texting me lots. She left hospital yesterday but has the next few weeks off work. Last night I couldn’t keep up with the amount of texts she was sending me. Still no idea what I am going to do. She does seem keen on me, but I’m not 100% sure its for the best. Oh well its someone to flirt with at the moment ๐Ÿ™‚

Robot 3
    Participant

Hi Friends (Rihanna & Steve)!

I have been reading your comments!! I am glad that Rihanna is going to her dream-land–Sydney!! All I can say is that bigger towns have bigger opportunities!! I don’t know your ex and you know him the best so apart from getting into a bigger town if you are getting closer to a good guy it is good for you!! I am also glad that you have finally chosen to have a girl roommate because experience has proved that men and women cannot be best roommate unless they fall in love with each other!! The previous guy was strange!! Please update us on your further moves!! I will be glad to hear them!!

Steve, I hope you get well as soon as possible! I also hope you get a lot of those girls and if not, the best one!! Man, every opportunity you dismiss is loss! Will get glad to hear on your updates too!!

I have been doing great lately!! The girls I have mentioned before are still in my life!! Except the German girl went back to her home but she invite to tones of places which I could not attend and finally she said “sad that I could not meet you for the last time”. The Finnish girl went too!! I am still talking to the Brazilian girl and we will meet next week. I am also dating another girl but she has a son!! Oh man!! There are many girls that I am talking too–2-3 more girls that I am not even in mood of talking about them!! I date at least once or twice in a week and I reject girls too!!

Something funny!! My Ex showed up in gym! She maneuvered around me once again!! My totally sane mind says that she wanted to attract me but maneuvering around me and making me feel like wanting her is a sign that she is not a good girl!! She is trying to play mind games!! The funniest thing is that she worked on her thighs and then on her chest which is the most stupid way to work out!! I know–this bad girl wanted me to chase her again!!

Friends, I am getting ready to go to a bar tonight and since I talk to a lot of girls, I don’t care if I get anyone! Yet, the girl that I banged last week looked like Madona (my favorite personality) and was like 180cms–the tallest ever had in my bed!!

I am looking forward to hear great thing from you mates!!!

Steve
    Participant

Hi Robot and Rihanna,

How are you both doing? Hope everything is going well. How are you feeling regarding your move Rihanna? Getting excited? How is the car treating you Robot? Is it the chick magnet that you want it to be?

I have had a fairly uneventful week, but been keeping myself busy. I went to a single events last Saturday night. It was a social drink night that I had seen advertised. Got talking to a few people, but the majority of people at the event were 40years plus. I was one of the youngest there. Didn’t really make any solid connections with any of the girls.

I possibly have a date this weekend. I have been chatting to a girl online and things seemly are going well that we have agreed to meet up, just haven’t set a date yet. I have messaged her a couple of options and just waiting to hear back from her.

Still having the odd bad day remembering my Ex. Yesterday was a tough day for some reason. I woke up at 5:30am and she straight away came into my mind. I spent the next 90mins lying in bed trying not to think about her….unsuccessfully. The rest of the day I just kept getting these intense feelings for her. I was really missing her yesterday. It’s crazy as it has been over a year. I’m glad I don’t get days like this very often, maybe once every 2 -3 weeks now.

Robot 3
    Participant

Hi Steve,

I recommend you to google on “how to become happy”. I did it. It said try change your life style and visit nature more often, if not pretend like visiting nature like going to parks. I want to visit at least a park per week. I am not in a position to have a pet. If you can I recommend a dog. Walking with your pet dog can attract girls in the park too. I also used to go to those events where you could find real old people but that is no fun. I did it a lot of times last year.

I will still visit bars but I am no more desperate about dating. It’s just fun dancing with a stranger but not when she introduces you to her husband–which happened to me last week.

It’s funny that I also had a dream about my ex. In the dream, she asked me what I am doing these days, and I said I am dating other girls. Then she asked me whether I like it and I said yes but not as much as I was dating you. lol It was a neutral dream.

I told you that I saw her last week in the gym. I bet she was testing the water. She came down on the first floor where guys work out (and this was the second time I was seeing her here). When I turned and looked at her, we were looking at each others eyes. I was the first one to turn my face away. I had no feelings about her except that I knew I used to date her once upon a time. I did not like what happened that day because she lingered around me for next 15 minutes. At that point I thought that I don’t want these kind of people who play mind games in my life. Moreover, her body does not look sexy to me anymore.

That was my update!

RAED
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 133

Hi guys!

I think I’m missing on a lot! My phone’s storage got so low that I wasn’t able to receive mail notification. But I bought a new memory card now.

How are you all? Robot already has a car? Nice man! I missed you all! I’ve been so busy at workkkk.

Robot 3
    Participant

Guys!!

I had a sad night!

I was in the bar and I saw my ex dancing with a man! I grabbed her and this guy pushed me! We were about to start a fight! My ex has a boyfriend!

Steve! My ex hated beard! This guy has long beard! My ex hated bold heads, this guy has shaved head! As far as I remember, my ex said she loves colored eyes and blonde hair (which I didn’t have) but this dude didn’t have it too!

She was and is a fucking liar!!

Anyway, there are things that are more important and more serious than ex in life!!

Robot 3
    Participant

Guys,

There is something that has made me think these days. About 5 minutes after my encounter with the guy she came to me and said,”Don’t ever do it again” and I said I just wanted to say hi. Then she added that “if you want to talk to me talk to [her boss] first” and then she left to have another drink. A friend of mine who happened to be there pulled me out.

I can’t understand what she meant by “if you want to talk to me talk to [her boss] first”.

Steve
    Participant

Gosh Robot. That’s tough man. I’m glad your friend pulled you away. Maybe grabbing her wasn’t the best idea, especially while she was on the dance floor with another guy. I would of waited until she stop dancing to get a drink or use the restroom. Then I would of approached her. Some place where going up to talk to her would of seemed more natural. But she is also showing a level of immaturity too. It sounds like more trouble then it is worth. IF you see her again at the bar or gym I would just completely ignore her.

I could go on and on with all the things that my Ex told me she did and didn’t like and how she has changed her likes/values with her new guy. I have mention how my Ex use to love dancing. She did modern/hip hop dancing with a group at least twice a week. From what I have heard she has stopped it completely this year. I simply can’t understand that when dance was always her passion. Once again it simply no longer worth dwelling on it. MY emotion state is not worth getting down over something I wont understand regarding my Ex.

Raed – Great to see you posting here again. Give us an update on your life Bud

So I went on a date Friday night with a girl. Overall I thought it went well and there seemed to be a connection and common interests. I texted her the following day to say thank you and I really enjoyed the night. Heard nothing back. Sent her another text today (Monday) wishing her a good week and that it will be good to meet up again. Also nothing back. I know I have the right number as we were texting before we went on the date. I will leave it her hands now. But I just wish she would be straight up with me if she wasn’t feeling anything. A simple text saying she didn’t think anything would happen between us or she didn’t feel the need for a 2nd date would be enough. Why completely ignore a person text, leaving me feeling semi hopefully that she may get back to me sometime. I am a reasonable person and not going to angry or upset with someone being honest and straight forward.

Steve
    Participant

Also Robot,

You mention about things to do to be happier and saying I should get outdoors more. Getting out in the outdoors is one of my favourite things to do and if you know me well enough you would know for 8 months of the years I spend most weekends outside camping, mountain biking and other activities which I have shared on here. However this time of the year is winter and the weather is dark and horrible. While I have never been to Alaska I can only imagine that it is similar to here. Summer time is loving long days. Winter is cold, dark, rain and snow. No one goes out. If I was a bear I would happily sleep for 4 months. Sept the days start getting fine again and weather more settled and I will start doing outdoor activities. For now it is stay inside, infront of the fire and stay warm ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 1,515 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.