Boards Reconciliation 30 days of NC completed. Advice would be appreciated

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    sri
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 117

Platinum plzz read my case and give me some sugestion

moonbunny
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 107

Yeah me too! Gotta start really focusing on myself. My exam is so damn near already I have no time to waste. The key is to focus on the connection when you both start having a conversation. Be start positive and cheerful girl. Make him feel good and comfortable while talking to you. Most importantly, be patience. If you’re becoming more attractive internally not just your ex but everyone around you would notice for sure πŸ™‚

Yeah you can do that! Fight for him. fight for what you think you deserve, just make sure you’re working on the right things.

Let’s just.. let go.

Bree
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 1

So Platinum, I just read your whole thread and it’s almost scary how similar your story is to mine! My ex and I also had a great, if not perfect, relationship that he suddenly broke off after he left for college, leaving me confused and devastated. I honestly don’t understand what compels them to abandon people so important to them in such a short amount of time, and not be fazed by the absence of said important person in their life.

I envy your self control because honestly, I don’t think I can force myself to be bubbly and cheery when I am talking to him. There’s just too much pent up anger in me and the thought of pretending nothing happened after he screwed me over is just too much to handle. If anything, I plan to just call him and demand closure. I know that is not the wisest thing to do if I want to salvage our relationship, but I really just need to know WHY he did what he did.

Anyway, I really like your story and just wanted to comment because I wanted to see where it ends up. You sounded like you made a lot of self-improvements and I’m proud of you and I’m sure your ex will come crawling back to you in no time. Go girl!

Platinum
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 77

UPDATE: My ex just replied to my thank you message. He said “You’re welcome :)” He seemed kind of happy, but that’s just me telling from his reply. Everyone can type a smiley emoticon and do it just to seem polite. I’m just gonna leave it that way, unless he has something else to say or ask.

Bree, thank you for your words. πŸ™‚ I underestimated myself. And you’re underestimating yourself too. I was feeling like you too. But I controlled myself because I didn’t want to make a fool out of myself anymore. I needed and I still need some time apart from him. There are some things I still want to work on. Like stop dreaming about him and thinking about the memories we had.

You know, there is a difference between you and me. The fact that I seem to have control is because my ex didn’t contact me during NC, and so there were no temptations for me. Of course, I was always asking myself “Why isn’t he talking to me? Did he forget I exist? What’s going on?”
    I knew that if I wanted him back, I needed to stay away from him, and so I did it. He needs a little time away from me too. He needs to change some things I didn’t like about him. Only then I will evaluate his progress and see if he was worth the pain. If not, well at least I improved myself and that’ll help me in my life.

I also have to make changes in me so that he’ll change too. Like becoming more attractive and seductive. He already found me attractive, so I figured that if I became the girl that could make him drop his jaw to the ground and drool, he would become even more devoted to me. More importantly, I need some internal changes too. And you should do the same. πŸ™‚ In fact, everyone here should do the same. Just let go. I don’t mean you should move on, but try to think less about them. Fall in love with yourself. Devote to yourself. And then, when you feel truly better, you can think about your ex.

Have fun with the people you like. Your family, your friends. I’ve never been so attached to my family like before. They’re helping me. They’re giving me strength to be confident, and are supporting me. So go out and live your life. You’ll soon discover you’re not a symbiont, like you might have thought during your relationship, and that’s great! It’ll show you you’re not dependent. You can do whatever you want. You can get whatever you want. It’s all about your will and your state of mind. πŸ™‚

melvin
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 11

Its great to hear how everything is going when u realize just what needs to be done. I thought I was at that point until my ex contacted me after 30 days of no contact. I would really like your opinion on my situation. From what I have read here it would be greatly appreciated, from a person or persons who have found that strength and plan.

Confused with ex after no contact, contact. Need advice!!

thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.