Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Palmtrees22
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 157

Well yes and no. We went a month without a word to one another so that habit was kicked in that time. He then came to me wanting to start things up again and we moved too quickly and realized we needed to back off and couldn’t jump right into things. But you are right that I shouldn’t be reading too much into it. I’m doubtful that it will escalate, so mentally I’m trying to move on, without saying that to him and jeopardizing any warming up that he might be doing.

Palmtrees22
    Participant

Maybe I’m delusional and he has no interest at all. ?

FishingTheSky
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 176

The only reason I keep hoping a little, it’s something that my ex said two months ago: “Someday when we are in a better place, we will meet again and maybe have another chance. I will always want you”. Although heck, considering that she’s been pretty unstable with her statements, she probably has changed her mind again now. May I ask you how old are you Palmtrees22?

Soupy
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 73

PAlmtree, from what I have read ….. U aren’t dillusaniol at all. It’s a good thing he is finding any excuse to contact u. Even if they don’t seem important to u, that means he is still trying to some extent. Im aure he is still feeling out the situation as u are. It’s a confusing dance for everyone at your stage, that’s for sure. And it really can get the mind fired up ….. Trust me I know. Take your time and do what’s best for u. And good luck!

Fishing sky, it seems u have pushed a little too much and I feel like space and time are needed for both of u. And it really doesn’t seem like your in a great place right now overall. I know birthdays are hard, (as the great birthday debate on here has shown. Lol) but I think with more time, with actual no contact would be best for u and by the sounds of it …. Her too.

Soupy
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 73

Lots of stuff going on in the past week. With some new faces, been a lot to catch up on.

Kiya, how have u been? Any updates in your situation?

Amy, sorry to hear about the emotional toll some social media posts caused u. It’s best you have blocked it all. How have u been doing lately?

Catherine and Lin, how are the two of u been doing?

FishingTheSky
    Participant

Soupy,
    I am on my no contact period for real, been two weeks fully, not too long I know, I only sent her a short and polite note because after 5 years I think it’s appropriate, as she said happy birthday to me during our break. I am dealing with this and with personal changes at the same time, on my own, so no it’s not the best moment of my life right now.
    Obvously we need space, but her space is not wholly hers only, it’s shared with somebody anyway.
    Palmtrees22 you are not delusional, I agree with the fact that if he’s still around is a good sign.

Palmtrees22
    Participant

Soupy,

Thanks for the encouragement. How are things going for you? Any updates regarding your ex’s daughter?

Fishing,
    I am 27, my ex is 33. I think part of the problem is we are both at a point where continuing feels like a potentially lifetime commitment. We both want marriage and a family and are concerned about “wasting time” with the wrong person.

Palmtrees22
    Participant

Also, fishing, it bothers me a lot that she jumps into relationships right after being with you every time. Not only is she messing with you feelings but someone else’s as well. It seems a little selfish for lack of a better word.

FishingTheSky
    Participant

Palmtrees22,
    I am at that stage too, I would like to settle down and have a family. But since my ex is younger and I want to let her have her experiences before lifetime commitment, I’ve put my “urges” aside. It’s fair not to deprive her of the most beutiful years in one’s existence, because I’ve had them before her.

It’s very important you two are double checking your relationship instead before taking a final decision. I have friends and colleagues who should have done that accurately!

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Hi Soupy, it’s good to hear from you again. So today I was walking in the hall and the girl that was in my ex’s profile picture was walking in front of me. She looked back at me and I’m pretty sure she knows who I am if my ex talked about me to her. She was walking with a friend and then she says “he took a picture and put it on my lock screen” and she made her phone clear for me to see and it was my ex’s face.

I told my friend about it because I was about to just break down in front of everyone. Luckily she knows the girl and she says she doesn’t usually date people. My friend has her on Snapchat too but she hasn’t saw anything on her story with my ex. I just have so many thoughts running through my head.

I only got eye contact with my ex once but I know he has looked at me a lot just by how he was sitting facing me.

FishingTheSky
    Participant

It bothers me too Palmtrees22, that’s because she is not able to cope with the breakup on her own. She needs the comfort and the attention to forget about me, she admitted it once. Now this time she said she’s taking it slowly with this guy, who knows maybe she has a better luck. She obviously doesn’t care about my feelings or the guys feeling, as long as she can be alright.

FishingTheSky
    Participant

catherine8,
    The thing that girl did was very “kindergarden play”. Don’t let it get to you and again I suggest you a serious break from this Snapchat circle if it makes you so anxious.
    I must say that you kids are unfortunate now, I am glad that when I was at your age we didn’t have to deal with all this social network drama.

Cheer up!

Palmtrees22
    Participant

Remind me how old she is?

FishingTheSky
    Participant

She just turned 23, yep young.

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Ugh it is so hard to stay positive. I don’t get why the girl my ex is talking to has to be so rude like that to me. It just bothers me a lot that he chose her because we literally do not have any of the same physical features, we are both into different hobbies also. I know her pretty well because of the friend group she is in and never in a million years would I think my ex would become friends with her or even date her.

It’s crazy what all your ex can do when that’d you’d never expect.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.