Boards No Contact Rule Do I text back?

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AngelaPeters
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 3

I’m over a week out from the end of my 30 day no contact period but my ex texted me. They asked if I was ok and then a few days later (after I didn’t respond) they texted me saying they were worried and asking, again, if I was ok. Do I respond?

Notforme
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 6

I would reply “I’m good, thanks for asking”. That way you have responded but left the ball in his court for further conversation.

AngelaPeters
    Participant

Thanks, Notforme!! I was thinking the same thing. I really appreciate your response 🙂

AngelaPeters
    Participant

He continued to text me, but I got out of the conversation quickly by saying I had class in the morning. But then he texted me something like “ok, text me tomorrow.” Ahhhh. I want to just ignore him but I’m afraid he’ll text me even more. I’m a week out from the end of no contact. If he texts me more, do I text him saying I need space? Do I just ignore him if he continues to text?

patricia12
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2868

30 days no contact isn’t an exact number of days. Actually the time is more for the person who gets dumped so they can let the hurt and anger fade somewhat and put things in better perspective. Maybe make some self improvements. To enjoy life with family and friends, hobbies etc.. He texted you first so that shows interest and concern for you, which is a good sign. Don’t tell him you need space or ignore him unless you feel like its something you need to do for yourself. Otherwise just reply casually and kindly to whatever he writes and take it from there.
    Good luck:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.