Boards No Contact Rule Special holiday during NO CONTACT…give the present I bought???

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Malish
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 5

I am struggling, but so far succeeding in the no contact. There is a very special holiday in her country next week that my (ex) girlfriend and I had made a huge deal about for months. I already purchased a gift and now the no contact period conflicts with the holiday. I know I shouldn’t hand deliver it or call/text her about it to wish a happy holiday (even though every single ounce of me believes I should), so I want to instead send it to her with a simple, one sentence note. There is no other time to give this specific gift (except waiting a year), I can’t return it, and if I keep it with me, it will haunt me every moment that passes the holiday. I even thought about keeping it until after the no contact period and then giving it to her saying, “I had this for the holiday,” but I know it will only force more thoughts in my head to contact her too soon or feel regret for not giving it at the appropriate time.

Thoughts????????

Malish
    Participant

I would like to add:

What if she contacts me after receiving it? With a call, do I not answer or answer, hear a, “Thanks,” (or, “Please leave me alone. This was a stupid gift.”) and reply with something short and sweet like, “You’re very welcome. I hope you’re doing well! Enjoy the holiday :)”? Or if she texts me with the same, should I ignore it or reply with the above sentence (or similar)? I know I shouldn’t go into a deep convo/keep one going, but wouldn’t it be very weird not to acknowledge her “thanks”?

Malish
    Participant

Anyone??

cat womann
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 54

I did the same thing I bought this man a card for Valentines day.. its still in my drawer. I’m prepared to let my friend go anyway so I don’t care if he comes back or not. But My advice to you Mail it to her if its not too expensive drop it off at her job when she isn’t there? Have a friend drop it off at her house in the mailbox if its small item.. Do it during the day or risk getting shot.Make sure your name is on the package so she knows its from u. If she text thanks don’t say anything… I’m not good at NC so I don’t know if u want advice from me… but that’s what I would do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.