Boards No Contact Rule So my ex did say Happy Birthday to me

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    MrCat22
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

She just said, “Hey just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. I hope everything is well”. I just said, “Thank you *thumbs up*”.
    *sigh* Kind of wish she didn’t, it makes me a little sad.

Martin
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 303

You did well. My bday is coming up next week…not sure what I should do.

I might just text her back saying “Ty”.

That would probably be the last ever time we exchange text messages.

MrCat22
    Participant

You think she’s going to say Happy B-Day?

Martin
    Participant

I was confident she was going to wish me until last Sunday.

On Sunday she used an excuse to talk to me but i did not cave in; I kept it to the point and avoided providing any info about me.

On Tuesday she told me her phone broke and I provided her with info on how to get it fixed. (I bought her the phone for her 21st bday.)

Yesterday she messaged me saying “It’s good to hear that you are getting along well.”

Now I am uncertain if she would because of pride as I was not communicative back to her. She might message me on either whatsapp, facebook, google hangouts or email me.

But I doubt she would make any effort to call me.

MrCat22
    Participant

Hmm sounds like she cares. How long ago did you guys break up???

I’m surprised my ex wished me a Happy B-Day after all the “I’m moving on” shit she’s been writing on twitter. But i appreciate the fact that she at least remembered and didn’t need Facebook to remind her.

MrCat22
    Participant

Either way it means nothing, she didn’t respond after I said “Thank You” so w/e.

Martin
    Participant

We broke up at the end of october but she is dating someone else and they have been together for about a month.

She basically broke up with me because she got a crush on this guy.

MrCat22
    Participant

Damn, I’m sorry to hear that brother.
    Do you still want her back?

Martin
    Participant

I do not need her back but I would like her to come back.

What is happening is quite inevitable and with effort I know we can mend things again.

If she doesn’t come back I will just continue my life and move on.

MrCat22
    Participant

Yea, my girl lieft me because I have deep rooted issues that I never resolved (insecurities and anger issues). She just got fed up one day and left me. The day after the break up I signed up for a cognitive behavior group at school, it wasn’t easy but I got in. Lately I’ve been in individual sections but I start the real group next week. After I do a few sections I’m going to see if she wants to work it out. She told me the day we broke up that she wants to see if i’m actually going to change. Right now i’m making a valid effort so lets see what happens.

Martin
    Participant

oh that is good that…you should be fine and be able to reconcile with her soon then.

MrCat22
    Participant

I guess…
    I’m just scared that she’ll find someone else. Or maybe the offer will be off the table in the near future idk. I have hope, but I don’t want to keep it too high.

MrCat22
    Participant

I don’t even know if this is a good sign. Considering she’s the one who dumped me.

MrCat22
    Participant

Bump

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.