Boards No Contact Rule still no contact even on valentines day?

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    anton41
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 12

my ex broke up with me a week and 2 days ago because i didnt went to her event, twice, and she really really dont wanna get back, ive made all the mistakes but now i feel better after going to this site, my problem is valentines day is coming, should I do something really really sweet? hmm and she said she has a crush on someone and that she only wants to be friends with me, can someone please help me out

kevinsmusicrox
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 33

No expert but it sounds like she is playing mind games. Probably because you didn’t go to her event and she wants you to feel her pain and more. I am in a similar situation when it comes to this holiday. They say do NOT give her anything unless you two are making progress as a couple. It gives them all the power and makes you look desperate. I wanna give my ex everything in a few days but I know that won’t help. If the thousands of other things you gave her for forgiveness didn’t work, this won’t either. Stay strong.

soxfan23
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 1

I lasted 11 days with no contact with my ex and broke, asked him id he wanted to meet for coffee Friday because I think I was hoping this would reconcile us by Valentines Day. Now I am totally regretting texting him as he has not responded. As painful as it is, I think we all have to accept they are no longer our “Valentines” and look for strength and support here and with our friends.

anton41
    Participant

thanks for the advice, really appreciate it!, im just gonna wait it out and be strong then, hopefully it works

anton41
    Participant

but knowing my ex, she told me the all the sweet things that she wants when we were still together, like i should serenade her, my instinct is telling me to do that because in my mind i think that it may get her back? im pretty confused

unimare
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 89

Yes, ignore the holiday completely! It would make you seem desperate to reach out on this lovers day. She is not in a place yet where she would find it charming, trust me. Only after a long period of NC (and her missing you and believing she has lost you) might a romantic gesture have the desired effect. Ignore her and she’ll be racking her brain wondering why you haven’t contacted her. It’s like weeks worth of NC impact all rolled into one day, make the most of it.

anton41
    Participant

thanks for the advice, i just made up my mind and ill do just that, hopefully it works!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.